Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know that people say to 'heavily plant' your tank when you have a co2 system hooked up, but i'm not totally sure what that means; it's kind of a subjective description :) anyways, could you guys look at this pic and tell me if this is planted enough to fully take advantage of a co2 system without being too inviting to an algae bloom? Thanks! :)

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
heavly planted generally means that the majority of the ground space is occupied by a plant.
I don't know If I would consider you're "heavly planted" personally. Since almost half your ground area is still exposed.

I do see that some of your stem plants are planted in very close bunches. Did you leave the lead weight around the bottom and just tuck it into the ground? This will lead to problems and rotted roots. you wanna spread them some so they don't choke each other out.
Its hard to tell what types of plants you have but I think you will need to do some rearrranging at some point.

A good low growing forground plant would do your tank well. Maybe some micro swords or some dwarf hairgrass or dwarf sagitaria.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I agree, get some type of grass to plant in the forground such as dwarf hairgrass , java ferns, anubis, dwarf sagitaria or micro swords to name but a vast array few. Also dont clump plants together as when they get bigger and more developed they will fight each other for minerals, light etc... so i wouldnt worry about that too much. Does look greak so far, keep up the fantastic work and keep us updated!

·
DYNOMITE!
6,671 Posts
Id sell you blyxa japonica and H zosterifolia, 2 plants that can work easily in the midground of your tank (which is what you need) for cheap

Im shipping tomorrow 2 other ppl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.