Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a discontinued set up, 75 gal with hoods, bulbs and stand for $250. I thought that was pretty good after shopping around. But, they have a 40 gal set up (tank, hoods, stand, bulbs) also. They want $180 for it. Seems it should be less considering the other set up. Do you think thats a good deal or a great deal? I'm thinking of getting it if its an awesome deal, but I was thinking of a 20 gal. Upside is it matches my 75 (cherry veneer with matching trim on tank and hood), downside its bigger than I wanted.

So, should I go snatch it?

PS: its 5/16 glass made by all glass aquariums. And its a show style....2" taller than my 75 gal, 3 feet long I believe.

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's an alright deal. nothing too bad, but worth it if you want it bad. plus, it matches your other tank so it's calling out to you "buy me.."

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No other input? Well, dammit all to hell, I went and picked it up today anyway :nod: My intention ws to do it African freshwater style.....but the wife says its GONNA be a saltwater tank
She wants a puffer, I could go for a lion fish. I wonder which will be the last standing

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
here in barrie ontario. used aquariums (scummy and dirty) usualy go for a buck a gallon. aquariums loose thier value very fast. like as soon as they leave the store. :D

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
the deal thing all depends if your talking canadina currency or not...if yes then its a good deal...if not then ... i'm not too sure ... but anyways good luck with the new tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts