Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just did a water change, about 25%. I was looking around and noticed one of my Ps was missing. After looking around on the ground i figured the only other place he could be was in this cave thing that i have in the tank. I picked it up out of the water and out swam the pleco but no piranha. turns out he was stuck down in the other side of it, i heard him flapping around. I put the cave back down into the ater and he still didnt swim out after about five minutes. I then picked up the cave and turned it upside down. He came swimming out and was going nuts swimming all over the place going crazy. Now he is laying down on thebottom of the tank proped up next to a sword olant laying on his side just breathing. The other two Ps are swimming around like they usually would. I also changed the filter whenever i changed the water. Do you guys think that he is just really stressed right now or is something wrong?? Whats the deal??

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Sounds like its highly stressed, they lay on their sides sorta when really stressed, just keep a close eye on that fish for the next few hours

it should be ok

·
Registered
496 Posts
No, it might not be ok.

It could be your tank. Whats your ph level? He could be suffering because your ph level is too low. Be sure to check your water params and then watch him. Don't just let it go untreated.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. I think he was just really stressed, he finally came back to his senses and joined the other two Ps swimming around enjoying himself. YAY!!!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Yes definately good to hear. Probly just stress like you said.

~Dj

1 - 6 of 6 Posts