Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fish no lie seem to constantly be mowches (sp?) As soon as one gets a feeder partily in its mouth all the sudden outta no where everyone else wakes up and like goes hog wild at the other half if its floating in the water for one second. My piraya just chomped one in half and like four reds went ape nuts over the other half. Just think its funny...

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
Yea mine are that way too. My little one is the killer then the larger ones come in as soon as he has it in his mouth

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
all of my P's do this, it gets me mad sometimes cause the smaller p's will start eating and a bigger one comes by and snatches the rest of the fish. It's like there lazy and dont wanna work to catch there own food... lol

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
yep its a common thing i put @7-8 whitebait in the tank at a time and 1 red will get 1 in its mouth and all the other will try and get it leaving the rest of the whitebait on the bottom sometimes even swimming past to get to another reds food very strange but happens every time

·
Registered
394 Posts
i have 4 4'' cariba in may 75g with a 8'' red when i put i gold fish about 3'' long in there he does not last
1 minute because the get in to a feeding frenzy

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Unless you have a single p in a tank, p's are pack hunters. When one eats they all eat. They do seem very lazy and everyone wants to wait untill one has it in his mouth before they pounce on the feeders or whatever your feeding them. It's just normal behavoir and the most interesting trait that I see in p's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts