Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully in a few weeks I will be gettin a rhom and I was just wonderin how much harder are they to keep than a red belly I have kept reds for about 3 years and I want somethin a little different. I have a 29 gal tank that I am settin up for one. I know that it wont hold him for life but I am looking at gettin a 4" one. any sugestions on keepin one happy and healthy? I gave up askin guys at the lfs half of them wont even talk about orderin one. much less settin up a tank for one.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
rhoms are picky eaters....

once u get him experiment with some different foods to see what u can get him to eat and keep us informed.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
i suggest getting a spilo first they could live there whole life in a 29 and they are EVIL fish they are also very pick eaters but other then that the same as a rhom!!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Rhoms are picky eaters so there they are a little harder to keep than a Reds. But with a Rhom there is only 1 so you don't need to worry about him fighting and there is no stress on him from competition which would be on a Red thats in a shoal. A 29 gallon would be fine for a Rhom for a few years.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
As usual varied food, water changes, enough room, a powerhead and good care is the key...
!

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
heck no. rhoms are great, but no harder to care for

1 - 10 of 10 Posts