Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 5 reds are 1" as you know.I watch them for hours (literally, my girlfriend asks "what is it you look at when you watch them" DUH!!) my only other experience with P's was 2 smaller reds I had in a 10 gallon long time ago. they were aggressive!, they always grabbed the frozen stuff and did the pitbull shakes
these guys are much more docile, they gangbang the food obviously but they dont shake vigorously or anything really. I know theyre young but I wish they were more aggressive. when I had 2 peacocks they were the fastest fish I ever had on attacking feeders, they never missed once. these guys chase the guppies and nip at theyre heels, most of the time they get lost in the tree's like a pack of hounds til the food gets stupid enough to come out into the open.I'm just wondering what kind of interaction or tricks you have played out with your own P's in experience
as for growing appetite or personality or anything really when they were young

· The Lord Himself is Life to me
3,861 Posts
1" rbps are pretty small. At that size I would just focus on getting them used to you and associating you with food. Tank setup plays a large part in this(cover, lighting, decor). Feeding as well. Make your feedings of prepared foods small in size but often in quantity. Perhaps 3 small meals a day. For a while, the only time you open the lid to the tank( or get close for that matter) is when they get fed. But they are still young and at that size they tend to have more of a cautious mentality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.