Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
This weeks FOTW has been requested by thomisdead and he has chosen Liopropoma rubre - Swiss guard Basslet

This is a small marine fish that reaches up to 3.5" and is suitable for reef tanks, this shy fish prefers small caves and rocks to hide and sleep in.
it also seems that if you provide plenty of cover this fish may become more bold and so you will see it more often.
It seems to be pretty easy to care for, and it is reccomended to provide a meaty component to its diet.
This fish can be found in groups of 6 or more at depths of anywere between 5 - 20 meters in the Caribbean.

as you all know my marine knowledge is lacking some, so heres a quote from one of the handy links

The Liopropoma rubre grows up to 3 inches. The small size will come to you generally 1 to 1½ inches; the medium generally 1½ to 2 inches; the large generally 2 to 3 inches. The Swissguard Basslet prefers a tank of at least 30 gallons with plenty of places to hide & swim. The Liopropoma rubre is a carnivore and likes to eat variety of foods, especially meaty treats (fish & crustaceans). The Swissguard Basslet is a low maintenance fish and may act peaceful (but may become territorial)ly toward other fish. Reef-safe. Liopropoma rubre, Poey 1861, the Peppermint Bass. A small, shy beauty that adapts well to peaceful surroundings that include dark caves to hide and sleep in. Keep water quality high (SG 1.020 - 1.025, pH 8.1 - 8.4, Temp. 72 - 78° F). The Swissguard Basslet is commonly collected from the Caribbean.
heres a handy link
heres another handy link
heres another handy link
heres another handy link
heres another handy link

heres a handy link to last weeks FOTW

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow - what a responce this fish got - I got to do more marine fish

·