Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a group of 4 Rbs all around 2.5". They are all in a 35g drum for now while I arrange for a tank for them.
I know that that a drum isn't the best of places to grow out piranha but I am getting a 4*2*2 soon.

One of them got badly nipped a two days ago and although I ve seperated him into a hospital tank, he seems to have developed a fungus since last night.

He's in bad shape but could pull through. I have isolated him and treated him with salt and increased temp. Should I use some pimafix as well?

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
I have a group of 4 Rbs all around 2.5". They are all in a 35g drum for now while I arrange for a tank for them.
I know that that a drum isn't the best of places to grow out piranha but I am getting a 4*2*2 soon.

One of them got badly nipped a two days ago and although I ve seperated him into a hospital tank, he seems to have developed a fungus since last night.

He's in bad shape but could pull through. I have isolated him and treated him with salt and increased temp. Should I use some pimafix as well?
If you are positive it is body fungus then you can treat with Mardel Maroxy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help, guys. Unfortunately the little guy didn't make it through the night. It definitely looks like a case of fungus to me. Problem with a drum is that I couldn't observe anything until its pretty much too late. They are going to have to get a tank pretty soon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.