Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 30 gallon tank with the S.Sanchezi Pirana. Its been operating for about 3 weeks now and everything is good. My question is the water looks clear and everything, but I can see hundreds of microbubbles, or something along that description. I have the proper power head, an aerating oxygen pump, and an aquaclear 150 filter. My hunch is becasue of the equipment and tank size, these are oxygen bubbles. I am unsure but want to know right away, I also dont use any chemicals other then the chlorine remover and cycle, I only use half the recommneded and know its not chemicals. Can anyone clarify this situation, I can provide pics if needed, but Im pretty sure its just oxygen.

· I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
14,634 Posts
Yes, they're tiny oxygen bubbles spread out around the tank. Its nothing harmless and caused mostly by all the filteration.

Also, your using the right chem for water conditioning. But still.. calrity in the tank doesn't always mean the quality isperfect. Invest in a test kit. Best way to help and know further about whats in your water.

· Registered
244 Posts
thats weird cuz i have a 20 gal tank with an aquaclear 300[5x recomended gallons] and i dont have that problem, maybe theres just a defect?, or ur water level coud be low and it's making the waterfall effect forming bubbles when the water from the pump hits the water in the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.