Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Long run a Flowerhorn will be too aggressive for your Oscars unless your tank is 500 gallon plus. On that note for 2 oscars you'll need around 120-125 gallons.
Do consider buying a real fish instead of a hybrid creature as well.

2,170 Posts
Long run a Flowerhorn will be too aggressive for your Oscars unless your tank is 500 gallon plus. On that note for 2 oscars you'll need around 120-125 gallons.
Do consider buying a real fish instead of a hybrid creature as well.
On that note there's absolutely nothing wrong with keeping a flowerhorn, but like maddyfish stated, you likely won't be able to do it with two oscars. I would say the bare minimum for two Oscars would be 90 gallons, preferably 120 + . What size tank have you got?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
umm.. i have no idea.. i kno my sisters tank is like 100L and mines 3x tha size or more.. my oscars are like 1-2 inces now my albino oscar is a bit bigger probz 2 inces.

how fast will they grow.? ill have a spare room to get a bigger tank in about 2 months

·
Banned
14,902 Posts
oscars grow very fast about 1 inch per month until they are full grown which means in the first year of life they will reach 10-12 inches. placing an oscar in its perminant home asap is the preferred method, there isnt much time to grow an oscar out of any tank. two oscars should be housed in no less than 90 gallons, adding a flowerhorn will require 40 or so more gallons on that. a 150 gallon is probably the minimum for those 3 fish. coexisting will be up to them. expect aggression.

·
Registered
655 Posts
from experience of keeping oscars (awsome fish wish i still had em) they grow way to fast definatly 120+ no smaller for 2 O's my 80 gal was so dirty from 2 7" oscars and they got that big in 6 months so get ready now good luck they are alot of fun

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm not sure an adult male FH would accept 2 oscars even in a 180. For a flowerhorn to accept the oscars you'd probably have to move up to the custom tank range 300+ gallons.
Maybe a female FH might accept oscars in a regular home sized aquarium.
My RD considers his 4 ft tank his, plus several feet to each side, and about a foot out in front of the tank. He would not accept an oscar, a dog, a cat, or a person for that matter in that space.

·
Banned
14,902 Posts
I'm not sure an adult male FH would accept 2 oscars even in a 180. For a flowerhorn to accept the oscars you'd probably have to move up to the custom tank range 300+ gallons.
Maybe a female FH might accept oscars in a regular home sized aquarium.
My RD considers his 4 ft tank his, plus several feet to each side, and about a foot out in front of the tank. He would not accept an oscar, a dog, a cat, or a person for that matter in that space.
^^good point

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.