Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the boardand here is my new P. NATTERERI. I jsut got it yesturday along with my algea eater. I'm new to the whole Piranha species but the guy I got the fish from has been a big help to me. the fish is in a 35 gal. tank, but its a little low on objects for the fish to hide behind. I will be getting more because I know that they need plenty of hiding space. I will quite frequently be asking a lot of questions to make sure the fish is perfectly healthy. I'm also not sure what I want to name it, so if there are any suggestions please let me know.

Also mods, if this is in the wrong section please relocate it for me.

· Registered
3,668 Posts
dont worry bout his fin that will heal in no time and hell look sweet.
how big is he he looks about 6 or 7 to me

u might wanna give that pleco (sucker) a cave or something just cuz p's will eat him and i dont want u to lose him that quick

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys, I hope I do learn more here.
and yes he was in a tank with another Piranha but the owner forgot to feed him and he at the other one.
I did get some more stuff for the tank today so the pleco has something to hide in and the piranha has some vegitation to hide behind.

· Registered
986 Posts
welcome..Btw great coloration. Looks like one of those super reds, nice pickup. To heal your piranha's tail fin fast is to add salt rule of thumb apply at least 1 tsp/ 5gallon and raise the temp. to 82-84 it will heal less than a week good luck anymore questions ask around here

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.