Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I talked to my uncle today, and I'm getting sugar gliders. He breeds tons of animals and said he would give me the family price, of $80 for a male/female pair with a BIG bird cage to keep them in. This has got me a little happy.

I have 5 little red bellies piranha going into a basement pond this spring, a little iguana I already have material for his incloser(I want him tame enough to catch before his move), and some dart frogs coming(hopefully soon) from the dart frog givaway here at P-fury.

So I'm gonna have all my pets (that I have room for) soon.

this is happening in the next week or two so I will post photos when they get here.

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Be prepared for the sugar gliders! They are cute and awesome pets but bond to their owners quite intensely. They are a serious commitment.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have plans for the darts and my 20g long too. Gonna wait until I get used to them first (the fruit flies an all) in the tank they come in. Then get 1 or 2 more in the 20g with a waterfall, down the road. I should take a before and after pic of my room, before I add all my animal stuff.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts
Bird cages make HORRIBLE sugar glider cages. I hope you really checked into these guys, they are SERIOUS commitment.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Bird cages make HORRIBLE sugar glider cages. I hope you really checked into these guys, they are SERIOUS commitment.
Damn right they are. I had friends who had them and while being pretty cool, they were a total pain in the ass. Not to mention the smell. I don't know about the bird cage idea. My friends had to devote a whole bedroom to their sugargliders. They need a lot of space, can jump like crazy, and are extremely active,needy creatures.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I will be doing alot of reading before I have him bring them over. I just found out he had them yesterday. I also have an almost empty closet I could use thats about 2 1/2 foot wide and 7 foot deep, mabey that would make a better incloser. Its a really stupid design for a closet because you cant get to anything in the back.

·
Registered
580 Posts
so if u can get hold of some sugar gliders do u fancy getting me a pair and shipping them 2 england for me some time after new year as i cant get hold of them here iv asked about every where and rang around but no luck so if any 1 can help plz let me know thanks Paul.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts