Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
If you setup your tank today with 3 rbp's and in 2 weeks you only throw in 2 more ? can happen !

why don't you get 5 on one buy ? it is the lower risk !

Please give some more info about your tank and setup !

regards

·
Registered
242 Posts
could be an issue if there is not enough adequate hiding spots and if the newbies are not close to the same size. other than that, should be no problem, just a matter of time till they start shoaling together. That and hopefully you have a big enough tank.

My 5 inch reds got tail nipped for about a week when I tossed in my 8 inch yellow tern, but then they started to get along and he shows them the ropes, so to speak.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
50 gal for 5 Ps will surely result in injuries or even elimination. 3 is enough to establish territorial space, but 5 would be too crowded. Unless these are still babies (3") and your planning to upgrade within 2-3 months to a bigger tank, then I say wait to get a bigger tank.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
If they're babies, then it would be OK
Even though you do have 3 housed and getting 2 laters on, these are Pygos.. they will shoal and get together easily

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
i added 3 2-3" reds with my bigger ones
my secret was i added vines to half of my tank and lots of feeders
my big ones were inrtersted in the feeders while my babies spent most of the time in the vines
now the vines are out and they shoal nicely

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.