Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I read a lot of tank descriptions above before I posted this, trying to get a general idea of what kind of filtration people are already using in this size tank. What I have decided to ask is... if you had to do it all over again... what would you use for your 120 or comparable?

I know a lot of people just had an extra filter so decided to use it or whatever. I will be in the same boat but I notice a lot of mention of ac 500's and emp 400. These seem to be the popular choices.

Oh, and also I do not want to skimp on filtration but I can't spend a TON either.

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
As mention AC500 (Ac110) and Emperor400 are to best hang on filteration out there. 120g..are my favorite tank size with demention of 4x2x2.

I would put 2 AC110 or 2 Emperor 400, or one of each for filteration with atleast one canister filter, such as eighter xp3, xp4, xf5 top filteration...These will be more then enough filteration for 120g...up to 180g...or more.

If you want best filteration around, i would recomend wet/dry sump...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yes there is definately a price limit but I also want plenty of filtration, I'm goin w/ 5 pygos....probably 3 caribe and 2 terns.

As for using one canister, I believe it is coming w/ one, a magnum 350. I've never had to use a canister before as my 55 seemed to do great so are we in consensus that two ac's or emp's plus one canister would be plenty? I really dont like the hang on filters just b/c the tank has to be out a little further from the wall but what can ya do.

And yeah I do plan on using sand actually. I have always had gravle and I love the look of the sand tanks.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
In addition to your magnum cannister I would add another medium cannister...Fluval or Rena something along those lines and maybe 1 AC 500.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.