Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets say someone in an illegal state wants to buy your piranhas and you mail it to them, what will happen to both of you if you get caught?

I guess with baby RBs (dime size, quarter size, etc.) you can bullsh*t and say you thought they are silver dollars, pacus, or whatever, but if they are 6+ i think its going to be a harder time to BS out of it.

If you mail them via UPS or fedex and the adult RB bite a hole through the bag and the package is leaking and they open it and find the piranhas, wouldnt that look bad?

BTW, i dont have any piranhas for sale and i dont own any piranhas at the moment, this is just a curious question i had.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
ok if they where to open your package(which I bet would not likely happen) it wouldn't hold up in court because a search warrent wasn't issued.also if it never arives at the illegal buyers house, then he never takes posesion of the piranha's. therefore he can't be guilty of owning an illegal fish.

besides I don't think the fbi would waste thier time over fish. they have beter things to do.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Knowing this off hand, depending on what size fish your transporting, you can either get a misdemeanor, fined, jailed or a combo of both. If you ship but the receiver never gets the package, then your liable. If the other recipient receives the goods, both parties are liable. Fines vary through different state. I know Cali and Florida having the most and greatest fines depending on the county also.

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
fbi does not deal with small stuff like fish. its more like the fish and game service. just watch out for a big white van saying fish and game. if you see that van you best fish your Ps out and dump them somewhere. in cali, you can get up to $500 per fish and jail time. oh wells...... i think fish and game has more things to worry about like asian aros and crazy as snakheads killing and eating everything in pnds and lakes leaving virtually nothing in their native lakes and ponds. i look out my windown once a while just to be safe. it it happened to my friend it can happen to anyone.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
if you ship them small enough, I dont know if they could tell what they are

I know all of us could, but somebody that isnt educated on the subject wouldnt I doubt

·
Registered
146 Posts
Atlanta Braves Baby! said:
Show_Me_The_Teeth said:
Fedex them. Fedex does not check.

SMTT
how do you know this?
I used to work for FedEx ground and he's partially right on this. They won't open any package that they suspect being full of Ps, but if something did happen and the box did indeed end up getting soaked and/or damaged, then they would try to contact the person who is receiving/sending the package and tell them the situation, then open the box, take out the contents and repackage it. 4+ packages a day would come down the belt that had to be reboxed. As long as you do a good job packaging your Ps, you don't have to worry about FedEx opening your package.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so if the receiver, never actually receives the product, he is not liable but the sender is am i correct so far?

So with this being said, there are places online that you could order steroids, etc. from and have it mailed to you from other countries or domestically, if the post office or whatever runs it through a scan and finds out its steriods or whatever, then as the receiver, i would not be liable, would that be a correct assumption? Or would that be a differnt scenerio because its a controlled substance?

These are just some curious questions on my mind, no i am not selling piranhas and no i dont do roids <seriously>.

Oh so with packaging, adult RBs or whatever species piranhas will bite through the bag in no time, so would a styrofoam cooler work or would that raise eyebrows at UPS/fedex, etc.?

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
ezlife said:
if the post office or whatever runs it through a scan and finds out its steriods or whatever, then as the receiver, i would not be liable, would that be a correct assumption? Or would that be a differnt scenerio because its a controlled substance?

These are just some curious questions on my mind, no i am not selling piranhas and no i dont do roids <seriously>.
Honestly, working at a gov facility for a medical clinic which ships controlled substances.. opening a package of illegal drugs has greater offense than opening a leaky package with an unfamiliar fish. Just hope that the person opening the package isnt an aquarium hobbyist or a snitch.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
As long as you ship them right with the right packaging so nothing leaks and you pick a company that doesn't care or doesn't check then you got it made. By the way if they xray it they would be like oh it is just a fish a lot of people wouldn't know what kind of fish it is. It is up to you though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
if your worried about the fish biting through the bag take and put it in a plastic container with holes all in it then put the container in the bag.that will keep it from penatrating through the bag but still allow the fish to receive water

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
zsizsi: thats a good idea. i like that.

I guess if i ever get into the piranha business i will know what to do :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts