Piranhas Forum banner

If you had to choose between spending..... which would you?

• $10,000 on yourself

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $50,000 on someone else

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Okay, I have to admit I stole this off of a TV show today, but I think it's a good question:

If you had to choose between $10,000 to spend all on yourself or $50,000 to spend on someone else which would you do and why?

To make it clear, whatever you spend on someone else is not going to benefit you exactly, but it would go to someone you know, a loved one or a friend or whatever. So don't think "Oh, I'd give the $50,000 to my spouse because that would pay my mortgage and buy me groceries." I think it should help someone you know, but not you exactly, other than the feeling that you made them feel better. Keep in mind they get much more money than you would get yourself.

Explain why too. Myself, I'd spend the $50,000 on someone else.

·
^word
4,324 Posts
Give the $50,000 to another and make a deal to split the money.

Wait...is that a choice?

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
im not far off for hte month, its been a 20k month so far and thats an under estimate more about 25

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts
10,000 on myself anyday..

I can honestly say i wouldnt get ant pleasure spending 50,000 on some random person.

It would be a different matter if it was a family member but that doesnt count

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
im not far off for hte month, its been a 20k month so far and thats an under estimate more about 25
What are you talking about dude? That woman has turned your brains to mush already?
[/quote]
6 on a car, 2 on a computer, 8 for my car, $$$$$$ for ring and bills and food and xmas and stuff, im tired of moeny

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are you talking about dude? That woman has turned your brains to mush already?
[/quote]
6 on a car, 2 on a computer, 8 for my car, $$$$$$ for ring and bills and food and xmas and stuff, im tired of moeny
[/quote]

So you would pick $10,000 for yourself?

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
[/quote]
[/quote]

So you would pick $10,000 for yourself?
[/quote]
nah i only spend that much on me every 2 years

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't think you understand what the poll is about.......

Would you rather get a free $10,000 for yourself? Or would you rather let someone else have a free $50,000.... It's totally hypothetical

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts
I don't think you understand what the poll is about.......

Would you rather get a free $10,000 for yourself? Or would you rather let someone else have a free $50,000.... It's totally hypothetical
Why would anyone choose the $50.000 for someone else?

Maybe im too dumb to fully understand the question, or maybe im a bad person...But to me that question reads like-

Who would you rather won the lottery? yourself or someone else?

Surely thats the most obvious question ever asked

Here are some more along the same lines...

Who would you rather die? someone you loved dearly or someone you dont know?

Who would you rather catch AIDs? your girlfriend or someone elses girlfreind?

Which dog would you rather was run-over? your dog or someone elses dog?

I dont get it lol

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
Wellll - does the other person know that you're spending $50,000 on them or not ??

I think it makes a world of difference, because an anonymous donation is truly charity. A lot of people would choose to spend $50,000 on someone in hopes of impressing them and therefore, benefitting themselves. I don't think too many people would spend $50,000 if the other person has no way of knowing where that money came from.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Wellll - does the other person know that you're spending $50,000 on them or not ??

I think it makes a world of difference, because an anonymous donation is truly charity. A lot of people would choose to spend $50,000 on someone in hopes of impressing them and therefore, benefitting themselves. I don't think too many people would spend $50,000 if the other person has no way of knowing where that money came from.
Very good point

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
$50,000 on the woman I Love! why? Because I Love...imagine the smile I can bring, the happiness I can create to give such a surprise...it's not that she wants such things from me, but the fact that I would do that to her, the expression that I Love and care about her...oh I'd do it without a second thought!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts