Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could i pretty much assume that i would end up with at least one of both sexes? like at least one male, or one female?

just wondering.

my current tank isnt big enough. but i do want to give it a shot eventually.

i got one P now, but am adding another 3 within 2 weeks.

im not trying to play freakin Jenny Jones or anything tho:Dhaha.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Well, assuming that male and female fry occur in the same numbers, it is pretty likely that you have one of both sexes.

Adding 3 more will obviously increase your chances as well.

Something to keep in mind, however, is that just because you have the two sexes does not mean they will breed. Some people say that breeding is 90% the fish and 10% your husbandry.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well that can be solved...
i got some barry white...some chocolate dipped strawberries, and a nice silk substrate for them to get down on:laugh:

haha,jk.

thanks tho.

i know that just because there is one of each sex that they will breed. but at least there's a better chance of a male and female breeding, than a male and male...i dont want none of THAT goin down in the tank:Dhahahaha,jk.,..again

·
Registered
250 Posts
I am no expert but logic would say that withall the p powners out there, if it was just a mattere of having a male and afemale in the tank I would assume there would be more rare ps available. I personally think its a matter of luck and the fish.

·
Registered
8,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i dunno man, francois seems to have been exhiled out of the shoal. and spends most nights crying in his cave over a tub of shrimp ice cream....

i think something might be up...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts