Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
^ i think tomorrow i'm going to take a trip to walmart and get a cheap digi cam. hey if it does the job, great!

but i need to know if i need anything, or if it will onnect right up to my PC with no problems????

and whats this with mega pixels? can anyone explain this tech stuff to me?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
everything from the cord to hook it to the PC and the software should come with it, if it doesn't don't buy it.

megapixels are the way to measure a digital camera's photo quality 1.00 being the worst, to whatever the top one out now is. a 1.3 is probably going to do whatever you want. When I bought mine the guy selling it said the more megapixels while nice don't really do much unless you're a pro. But this was 1-2 years ago now. Mine is a 1.3 and does just fine by me, my buddy's 4.0 just doesnt' seem worth the extra $500

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you post some pics of somethings so i have an idea of what they looklike?

a lower end one, 1.3 is good as thats probly what i'll be going for.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Make sure your computer has a USB port. Thats a major thing to take into consideration. If you dont have that then you wont be able to load the pics on your computer. Other than that...like Lahot said, the cables and stuff should come with the camera.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i have a USB port. so im in good shape then. good. i hope to have pics by tomorrow night everyone.

·
.pocketful of sunshine.
16,831 Posts
Here's my 3.1 MegaPixel quality

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
A very good, and affordable 1,3 MPixel camera is the Sony DSC-P20, which has a lot of handy features despite the low price, like mpg-video's, macro-setting, digital zoom etc... I paid about 200 bucks for mine, but that's almost a year ago now, so you should be able to get it for much less (if they are still available in shops).

Here's two examples of what kind of fish pictures it can take, once you learned how to operate this camera:

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those pics look fine! anyways thats this "dock" things that cameras have to use? thats what i was talkin about, do i need to buy this also?

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
I'm not 100% sure what you mean with a "dock-thing", but some camera's come with a docking station in which you can place your camera to recharge the batteries (some docking stations are even connected to your PC's USB port to download the pictures you made). I don't know wheter it's a common thing (mine uses a USB cable for downloading, and an adapter to recharge the lithium battery)

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I have two digi cams...one is 2.1 megapixel and the other is 4.0...both works great...as long as you know how to use it properly ... get the memory card reader...much quicker than transferring pix from cam to comp....worth ur money...for me at least

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.