Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the ideal size for 3 redbellies which will last them to the bitter end?
Whats the best filtration and lighting etc with a rough guide to price, sorry theres so many questions but i need to do my homework

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I have a 55 for 3 reds but If I had the knowledge and the money back then I woulda got a 75. Caus of all my decor they wont have much space wen they get bigger. Gonna have to take the big plants out and the tank will look pretty bare. If I had a 75 I wouldnt even worry about that.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
i'd say 125 for life. its big and you can add more p's in do time IMO

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
a 75 would be just fine

·
Peace....Through Superior Firepower
13,643 Posts
Judazzz said:
I'd say a tank measuring at least 48x18x18" in size (approx. 60 gallons) - offers enough room for them to spazz out, swim and turn around without crashing into tank walls all the time.
[snapback]840974[/snapback]​

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,410 Posts
my 3 are in a 38 and have been for about 6 months. they are fine as long as you keep them very well fed, then they wont fight as much.

but i am building a bigger tank when school is out and i move back home

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I would get a 75 gal with 2 emp 400's. The tank should come with tops and a lightstrip so you shouldnt have to worry about that. Plus, piranhas dont like light all that much so i wouldnt worry.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.