Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the thread title says.. I want to buy a new pair of sunglasses. What do you own? Do you like them? Would you recommend something?

Thanks in advance... I really want something in style and not screaming late 90's
like I have now!!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
What do you want? Style or quality? Obviously designer glasses are going to have the most style, and have some quality, but nothing compared to some of the quality names out there. I haven't generally seen designer glasses offered with polarized lenses, something I could never go without anymore. If you are on the water, snow, or driving wth glare for any amount of time I would definately get a pair of nice polarized glasses... They really make a HUGE difference.

PS, unless you are a teenager DO NOT GET OAKLEYS. They are f*cking UGLY.

·
Registered
64 Posts
PS, unless you are a teenager DO NOT GET OAKLEYS. They are f*cking UGLY.
Not all Oakleys are ugly. Most of what you see on TV on stuff like the X Games with the crazy color combinations aren't too great, but they also make more conventional looking glasses, including wireframed types and the bulkier plastic frames. I'm looking for a cheap pair of black on black XX on ebay right now.

For NegativeCamber: They are quite expensive but if you take care of them and don't lose them, you will be pleased with them. There are other great brands out there as well for less $$$. Its all up to you and what you like and are willing to spend. I've owned 6 pair(Straight Jacket, Minute, 3 XX, Mag Switch) over the years and my wife has a pair of Half Wires, that I wear if I'm driving her car and the sun gets bad.

Like I said, its got to suit you and your needs.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have had a pair of Oakleys for 7 years. I have the Juliets and I wouldnt wear anything else. THey are just gray with regular lenses. Its really all about personal preference

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I like Costa Del Mar's...good fishing sunglasses and they're like the south carolina state uniform lol

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
ray bans are good, theres another brand i cant remeber ill try and research they are great

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I like Revo's. Great lens. I also like Oakleys halfjacket...mainly for golfing and outdoor stuff...they are very comfortable and dont slide around.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I second the Costas. I love my pair! They are great on the water or in the snow and its amazing how much better you can see under the water if you are a fisherman with these on. Also Ill admit Im VERY rough on my gear and I swear these things are scratch proof!

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Get you some Vogues...I think they even do the whole polarized lens deal that was discussed..

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I second the Costas. I love my pair! They are great on the water or in the snow and its amazing how much better you can see under the water if you are a fisherman with these on. Also Ill admit Im VERY rough on my gear and I swear these things are scratch proof!
yeah it's pretty crazy how well the polarized lenses work. my amber lenses cut through lakes and rivers incredibly well, but I'm about to buy a pair of Hammerheads with the new green lenses for blue water offshore. And I beat the crap out of mine too and they really don't scratch at all.

Now if I could just quit losing them....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts