Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that going to be ok, they will be in a 130 gallon tank. 2 of the RB's are 5" and the other 4 are 6". The Caribe I'm getting are 4" each and I'm getting two of them. Will they Ok? My piranha's aren't ultra agressive, but aren't pussies either... So will it be ok, some feedback would be great!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Should not be any problem (meaning it will be fin nipping but not a kill, till stablish a new pecking order)...if aggression increase you can use a divider or low tank temp for a while...remember rearrenge your tank before introduce the new ones and keep them well fed!

Still, when Caribas get larger it will be pay back time!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Are the red bellies already in the tank? If so, take them out, rearrange it, reintroduce all of them at the same time. I think they should be ok but a little praying always helps. :
:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool. Right now the Rb's are in the 77G. I am ordering the 2 Caribe and they should be here next week. Right now the 130 is empty (running but empty) but the minnows are in there to get it tank-like and such. I don't know the technical term! Then when I have the 77 empty I am putting 2 Piraya in there! Should be an exciting week!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another thing! Would another Caribe help? Make it safer. Also would more plants make it safer for the caribe. Basically so they can Quasi-hide if they need to. THow about those options?

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, to one up this how about 4 Caribe (all 4") with The 6 Aformention Rb'S. Some immediate ffedback would be AWESOME as I am in talks with the shipping guy as we speak. Thanks again for your time

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Your 4" Caribas are perfect for yout bigger reds. Reason why is that, as you may know from most/all threads, Caribas are more agressive and have bigger appetites than reds. Your Caribas will eventually try and take over most territories if they were the same size.

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
My cariba's were very territorial. They did not care who entered their terratory they were gonna fight. I whould get at least 3. They will eventually take over your tank. Stock up on food.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the Fish store Guy, only has Two so It's looking like 2 Caribe and 6 Rb's for now.I don't think fighting will be a problem as I have put p*ssy fish in there for them to kill if they want. The tanks all set up just waiting for the piranah's!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Yes you should get three piraya, and I have 1 8" red belly with 4 smaller caribe, and the caribe show him who's boss, the size difference should not be a problem, and you should get three caribe.

-Brian

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.