·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as many of you know i have a
125 with 4 reds and 2 caribe all 8 inches
and a
20 gallon with (6) 2-3 inch reds

well i got impatient and wanted the tnak for something else so I dumped everyone into the 125 with 24 feeders, that was 2 days ago and no casualties so far... hoping for the best, everything seems fine, but we will see..

if this works out, would this be the biggest size difference ever to be a success??

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
WHOA!!
If you do succeed, I give you much props!!!
12 P's.. 6 huge ones vs. 6 little ones, all in a 125 gal. It can work man, I know a guy that had 15 huge ones, same size tanks. BUt the only difference between his and yours is that, his were all raised since babies, all same size.. you have a huge size difference.

Good Luck man!! Keep us posted!!

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I tried somethign similar not to long ago, the first red lasted about 45 seconds, the other lasted about 18 hours, the only one that survived made it into my overflow and was swimming in there

so I gave it to my brother in law

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
x-J-x said:
You gonna have to put a lot of hiding spaces...feeders...and a couple of powerheads to disctract them from each others.....post an update....
yeah i would do this..for them to run and hide if they are being picked at

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
I have to do the same thing soon

I have 2 6" reds 3 3.5" reds together. The 3 small reds were together since birth in a 20 gal and I bought the other 6"ers.
They were transplanted in a 40 gal for 2 months. Just retransplanted yesterday into a 125 gal.
Soon (prob 1 mo.), when my 1" reds get bigger i'll be introducing them in w/ the larger reds.
they will have lots of cover to hide if threatened but so far the size difference between the other 5 reds
hasn't posed any problems w/ even fin damage let alone casualties.

So after all is said and done, I'll have 8 reds, all of 3 different sizes.

good luck w/ your reds!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i tried mixing up sizes 3 inchers with 6incher and it was good and bad...out of 11 small rb ...5 small ones got eatten while the other survived....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE: After 2 days, all is good the 8 inchers are tolerating the 2-3 inchers ......... the day that i did this the caribe were acting a bit um...hungry
so i went to the LFS and bought 24 goldfish and dumped them in....

to answer the previous question, no i didnt rearange the tank, everything stayed the same and i hoped for the best, so far so good

it was kinda funny tho... tonight i droped in a chunk of beef heart and the big guys went for it and so did the little guys the big guys got there first and the little ones went POOF and scattered, then they ate after the big ones were done.

I hope they all survive and will do my best and hardest... ill keep you guys posted if anything happens

cheers
PatrickR

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Aiight bro!!! Seems like its working good. But dunt count your pennies just yet. BUt i still say.. hope for the best!!!

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
keep us posted and make sure you feed them well till the lil ones get to a bigger size. Good luck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.