Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wavy
12,078 Posts
they should have stopped with 2 now 3 their cranken these out so quick that they will suck
so quick? they are taking years to make the next version...i honestly might pick this one up..i still have HALo 2 limited edition still in the oringal plastic...one day itll be worth something..

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Marcus fenix>master chief
Only for now.... I have been the biggest advocate of Gears. Had it preordered, got it Nov. 7th, posted about it here over and over.....
But Halo 3 will destroy GoW. Have you read about the HUGE variety of multiplayer features? Thats why Halo 2 was the best game ever... its replayability with variable sh*t. And Halo 3 takes it even further.

·
Danse Macabre!
10,561 Posts
God damnit f*ck Halo 3. Microsoft gave me a total piece of sh*t xbox with a drive that "although it won't play some of our most recent titles, is in fact functioning properly and is therefore not covered under any kind of warranty" (their words, seriously) and I've managed to avoid even thinking about buying a 360 but HALO 3 is gonna make it damn hard.

God, f*ck Microsoft. Maybe I can steal an xbox 360

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They should have quit after 1. I used to play 1 for hours on hours. I was the nerd who waited for Halo 2 to come out and was 4th in line to get it. I was thoroughly disappointed. Now 3? I dont know if I will even try it out

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
I will add myself to that minority. I don't feel that halo 2 was that big of a step up over 1. ooo dual weild. yippie. graphically blah. game play. blah. (as most FPS's on consoles suck ass) I had played it in Beta at MS and I wasent impressed with it there. When it was released still not impressed.
I really hope they do better with halo 3 so that all you fan boys have something to live for.

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
Im not a fanboy lol, I just love good video games!
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were a fan boy (lol I did type it that way tho didn't I? LOL). And don't get me wrong, for what is offered on the Xbox Halo was great. A Dwarf amongst midgets.
Some fans just go apeshit over the game tho like its the second comming of christ. IMO compared to other games like Counter Strike Quake doom's or even Unreal, fear, Half lives etc etc. dosen't do much for me. I do have halo on the PC also.

It sure does have alot of hype to live up to. I hope that it can otherwise alot of fans could be dissapointed.
I doubt it will intice me to buy a 360. however if what I heard is true and you will be able to play Xbox360 games on Vista. It would encourage me to buy a PC360 controler so I can play it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
If this gave me goosebumps, does that mean Im a nerd?
No, it means your a gamer.
Gave me goosebumps as well.
The only reason I liked x-box.
Never owned one myself, but played co-op and multi all day long at all my friends houses.
I can't wait for this to come out!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I hope it is better than #2. The multi- player was the best part. the story for 2 blew. I hope they will kepp master chief as the only player in story mode. I will buy 3 just to check it out, Af far as GOW vs. Halo........ Halo 1 is the king of FPS, GOW is the best thing to come out since imo.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Sort of.

I bought one of the models that came with the first generation disc drive called a Thompson Drive. Essentially. this drive was a cheap piece of sh*t made in Mexico that Microsoft realized wouldn't be able to play the discs they were moving towards using (I think they switched to dual layer or it had something to do with copy protection, I'm not sure), so they discontinued using the Thompson drive in all their xboxes and upgraded to better drives made in Japan. Those xboxes that were already on the shelves with Thompsons... well, no big deal to Microsoft they'll get sold and replaced with new ones.

I was one of the unlucky people who bought one of the ones sitting on the shelves. Basically, Microsoft upgraded their xboxes to play their new games, but kept selling old xboxes that wouldn't play the games. However, since the old xboxes weren't broken, they didn't need to be fixed. There wasn't anything to fix at all actually, since technically my xbox was never even designed to play the newer generation stuff.

So yeah, I really would prefer not to give those assholes anymore of my money under the whole "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" kind of thing. It's honestly too bad because I LOVED my xbox and the games that Microsoft had, and I've really wanted to play GOW and HALO 3 now.

I don't know what I'll do, I'd honestly prefer to find some way to steal from microsoft to make this happen, so we'll see.
That is pretty shady.... I never knew they did that. Hopefully they don't do the same thing with the 360 by beginning to sell ones with integrated HD-DVD drives that run GAMES of the HD-DVD format. Currently they sell the HD-DVD add-on that they claim will always only run MOVIES, not games on the HD format. I can't imagine them ever pulling that sh*t, but I never knew they switched up the drives on the Xbox either.

If you can snake yourself a 360 I'd be more than welcome to own on you in some GoW or Halo 3

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
If you have an xbox 360, and an HD tv, YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THIS VIDEO OFF THE MARKETPLACE....

There's no words to express how much better the video is when its full quality.... You can hear faint traces of cortana in the distance... Me and a buddy here watched it 10 times in a row and kept picking up on new stuff every time... stuff in the background audio and video wise.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts