1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
nominated for motm
(

· Too tasty to give up.
6,754 Posts
Why? Because you're great at art? You suck as a person.

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope, because i think i've contributed more to this site than most of the people on the current list. whenever someone had a question i would be willing to answer to the best of my knowledge. i vote almost everytime i visit the site, and numerous other things.

but yeah, i guess i "suck as a person" so i don't deserve to even be nominated.

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and what bothers me most is that someone who doesn't own or has ever owned piranhas is on that list and got a considerable amount of votes.

· Too tasty to give up.
6,754 Posts
hyphen said:
nope, because i think i've contributed more to this site than most of the people on the current list. whenever someone had a question i would be willing to answer to the best of my knowledge. i vote almost everytime i visit the site, and numerous other things.

but yeah, i guess i "suck as a person" so i don't deserve to even be nominated.
[snapback]866657[/snapback]​
Lol, you do deserve it. Chill out, man, is respect on PIRANHA-FURY really that important to you?

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
hyphen said:
nope, because i think i've contributed more to this site than most of the people on the current list. whenever someone had a question i would be willing to answer to the best of my knowledge.
[snapback]866657[/snapback]​
Name names and maybe I can clear up your misconception. Here's a starter though

Jerry Plakyda - Not only answers a ton of questions, but answers the DIFFICULT questions alot of people don't know, time and time again. Where someone might spend all day saying "twenty gallons per pygo" and "no you can't mix rhoms with spilos" Jerry is answering the complex sh*t on water chemistry that most people (myself included) don't understand for a damn.

Polypterus - Here's a typical polypterus post

Polypterus said:
CITES is the only restriction on asian arrowana in the US,

Imports are very closely watched, without proven source they
are illegal, CITIES allows the import and keeping of captive bred endangered
animals, this has long been a loophole for illegal transfer of animals

Asian Arowana are a CITES appendix I listed species, otherwise they are fully
protected from international trade, Microchiped fish have been approved for
trade, No country that has signed the CITES agreement can accept any fish that is
not Chipped and from a known and legitimate source,

CITES has various listings, Appendix I is typicly Endangered species and are
fully protected by all signed countrys, No international trade is allowed without special permit.
Appendix II typically is a species that could be threatend due to international trade,
These animals often have a quota system attached to them to avoid over-harvest
Appendix III are those of special concern and on watch.
[snapback]224631[/snapback]​
Lyle - Put together a fairly extensive digital photography article that was added to the pfury articles list. That alone is quite an accomplishment for this month.

Gordeez - Reminds me everyday that somewhere in the world, someone is willing to drink an alcoholic beverage no matter how shitty it tastes

mr. freez - Put together a shitload of profiles in the non piranha section, pastes links to just about any topic someone is looking for info on, and is about one of the most helpful dudes on the website who unlike alot of people (myself included) isn't a prick about it either.

There's alot of other people on that list who are solid as hell too, I'm just too lazy to type out what makes them awesome. What should be pointed out however, is that these guys all (except for freez who got just over half) got less than HALF the votes Filo got. So don't bitch about the MOTM competition being unfair to you, it's a whole lot more unfair to a few other people. I'm just f*cking glad I got nominated yet again, anything else is gravy.

EDIT: AS WELL, both Freez and Plakyda are part of the dream team of helpful people I put together to work on the Frequently asked questions section we'll be finishing up soon, these guys have answered well in excess of 100 questions to make the site a better place, I don't see either of em complaining about a lack of recognition.

DOUBLE NINJA EDIT: Oh and I helped too

· Registered
10,778 Posts
elTwitcho said:
Name names and maybe I can clear up your misconception. Here's a starter though

Jerry Plakyda - Not only answers a ton of questions, but answers the DIFFICULT questions alot of people don't know, time and time again. Where someone might spend all day saying "twenty gallons per pygo" and "no you can't mix rhoms with spilos" Jerry is answering the complex sh*t on water chemistry that most people (myself included) don't understand for a damn.

Polypterus - Here's a typical polypterus post
Lyle - Put together a fairly extensive digital photography article that was added to the pfury articles list. That alone is quite an accomplishment for this month.

Gordeez - Reminds me everyday that somewhere in the world, someone is willing to drink an alcoholic beverage no matter how shitty it tastes

mr. freez - Put together a shitload of profiles in the non piranha section, pastes links to just about any topic someone is looking for info on, and is about one of the most helpful dudes on the website who unlike alot of people (myself included) isn't a prick about it either.

There's alot of other people on that list who are solid as hell too, I'm just too lazy to type out what makes them awesome. What should be pointed out however, is that these guys all (except for freez who got just over half) got less than HALF the votes Filo got. So don't bitch about the MOTM competition being unfair to you, it's a whole lot more unfair to a few other people. I'm just f*cking glad I got nominated yet again, anything else is gravy.
EDIT: AS WELL, both Freez and Plakyda are part of the dream team of helpful people I put together to work on the Frequently asked questions section we'll be finishing up soon, these guys have answered well in excess of 100 questions to make the site a better place, I don't see either of em complaining about a lack of recognition.

DOUBLE NINJA EDIT: Oh and I helped too

[snapback]866747[/snapback]​
even more reason to vote filo

http://www.piranha-fury.com/pfury/index.php?showtopic=70925

· Registered
2,647 Posts
Filo said:
Dont be sad, dont get mad, vote Filo and be GLAD!
[snapback]866708[/snapback]​
i hope you lose

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.