Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can u actually take your pirahna out of the tank and measure him? Woulden't that stress him out somewhat im newb to these things help a brother out hahaha :nod:

·
The Lord Himself is Life to me
4,283 Posts
I've seen some do this but personally I wouldn't recommend it. Seeing as all you get is an accurate measurement, it does more more harm than good and involves alot of unnecessary risk. I prefer just to eye ball it.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i pulled my rhom out and measured him out of the water yesterday. i was forced to take him out of his tank to put him into a new tank. surprised, he was 5.5" TL. he was listed as one of the 4" Vinny rhoms at shark aquarium. it would make sense if this measurement was SL. which my rhom is probably around 4.5" then.

G

·
Death in # said:
i would never take them out for a measurement
but hold them against the glass with a net and measure from outside gets you pretty dam close
[snapback]823596[/snapback]​
I agree its a lot of stress for a measurement. How important is an exact measurement? I'm sure by eye you won't be miles off. If you need to be sure I reckon Deaths suggestion is best. Unless like Spazzy you are shifting him anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.