Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i am really considerring offerring my fish for next to nothing to some p fury members here-But I lack in the shipping dept-I have only managed to ship one fish out awhile back and fed ex managed to kill it-So i dont know if he would have made it or not-What materials would I need to ship some various fish if member were interested in ne thing that I have!!!! N e help would be greatly appreciated-thanks in advance everyone-AK :nod:

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Some of the fish that i might be offerring would be the following-
3 inch sanchezi
3 misc 6
4 to 6 inch fish-Inquire
10 inch jd-beautiful
6 inch gold mac-awesome specimen as well
5 inch jd
9 to 10 inch albino senegal
My 6 inch yellow peacock

I just figured this might help in what I might or might not need to get this done-

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
the longest lasting package of hot hands heating pack for putting in your gloves, styrofoam to insulate, dont feed the fish for a week to ensure no waste in the water. if its piranha dont use a bag use some sort of either syrofoam box OR tupperware but be sure the kid stays on.

mark the outside of the box very wqell and clear with "this side up" and if the company you are shipping with doesnt mind shipping live cargo then put that on the box but if not just hope they dont toss it around, lots of fragile stickers and writting.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the longest lasting package of hot hands heating pack for putting in your gloves, styrofoam to insulate, dont feed the fish for a week to ensure no waste in the water. if its piranha dont use a bag use some sort of either syrofoam box OR tupperware but be sure the kid stays on.

mark the outside of the box very wqell and clear with "this side up" and if the company you are shipping with doesnt mind shipping live cargo then put that on the box but if not just hope they dont toss it around, lots of fragile stickers and writting.
Seems logical then-I am however very famaliar with recieving packages-i know to use tupperwhare inside of a bag-What should I do for the oxygen part of things though-Also how do i know how many hand warmers to use?

Thanks for the help Dan :nod:

I am famalair with the way Nate ships-I have recieved a few packages from him in the past-So i am taking everything into account here-i just want to make sure to have all my little duckies in a row first!!!!

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
well with the kinds of fish you are sending and the time of year i dont think you can worry about too many hand warmers. id say at least 4 but depends on the size of the box.

you can get these oxygen tablets called bag buddies for shipping. also if you leave a bit of space at the top of the bag or the container for the water to splash around it should create oxygen bubbles.

also be sure to get next day or same day when you ship.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
well with the kinds of fish you are sending and the time of year i dont think you can worry about too many hand warmers. id say at least 4 but depends on the size of the box.
You might want to be careful with how many of these you use depending on the brand, some can get painfully hot, I'd be worried about it getting to hot, at least with the ones I've experienced, unless you mean on the outside of some thick insulation?

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You might want to be careful with how many of these you use depending on the brand, some can get painfully hot, I'd be worried about it getting to hot, at least with the ones I've experienced, unless you mean on the outside of some thick insulation?
[/quote]

Well after I got whatever it was pacaged-i would think it would be best to wrap it some news paper or something for extra insulation ne how-I know this is something that i need to be concerned with here-So I am open to all suggestions on this matter-

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I can figure this out-would ne one be interested in ne thign that i have to offer or no?
Not sure on pricing-I think I should also put up an add in the member classifieds-
I'll think about that one though-i want to get this shipping down first!!!!

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
hand warmers are cheap enough so try and buy a couple and do a pretest to see just how hot they would heat up a fish shipping sized box.

maybe do a double layer of styrofoam and put the heat packs in the middle around the box to form a sort of barrier.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hand warmers are cheap enough so try and buy a couple and do a pretest to see just how hot they would heat up a fish shipping sized box.

maybe do a double layer of styrofoam and put the heat packs in the middle around the box to form a sort of barrier.
Thanks again Dan-I got a pm into nate-If he would just get his lazy ass out of bed and answer it for me would be great-So hopefully I shall have this figured out pretty quickly

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So basically here is what I am looking at right-
box
packaging material-styro foam-packaging peanuts-whatever
bags
tupperwhere containers
bag buddies
oxygen for the bags
hand warmers
tape

What Else would be needed to get this job done? Sorry-I just want to make sure

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also what companies are used for shipping live fish-

called ups-and they said no-so what are my other options besides not labeling the box and shipping it ne how-Is this recommended or no!!!!

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts

called ups-and they said no-so what are my other options besides not labeling the box and shipping it ne how-Is this recommended or no!!!!
i think the actual airport will ship live animals but you may need permits etc.

also you might need a stamp

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

[/quote]

Nah sir-My airport requires some serious fees to set up an account for somethign like that-I was thinking of trying DHL-Or maybe i should just not label the box and ship it ne how!!!

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts

[/quote]

Nah sir-My airport requires some serious fees to set up an account for somethign like that-I was thinking of trying DHL-Or maybe i should just not label the box and ship it ne how!!!
[/quote]

just lots of fragile stickers and dont label the box it should be fine

i think you should make people work for the fish tho if they want them
something productive for the site

·
Registered
19,246 Posts

[/quote]

[/quote]

just lots of fragile stickers and dont label the box it should be fine

i think you should make people work for the fish tho if they want them
something productive for the site
[/quote]

Got ne suggestions as to what sir-:nod:
i certainly wouldn't mind offerring my fish for next to nothing to the "right" people!!!!

but I'm clueless as to what they could do at the moment to benefit this site

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
heres a retarded idea man
go to the fish store and buy a fish like a tinfoil barb
then figure out how you wanna package it
and send it to yourself (from a friends address)
if it lives over night
BAM your the MAN

and hey its only a tinfoil barb
im sure you got a fish that can eat it

and you can always reuse the packing stuff(cept the hand warmer)

i would also suggest opening a hand warmer and simulating the shipping
to get a feel of to hot or cold

and if you have PURE oxygen your not gonna need the tables kinds

although i have never shipped a fish
i have recived fish in the mail
and they always lived
even thought it was overnight from the post office

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Certainly a good idea-I ight just give it a try-Or at least send some one in the lower 48 a package :nod:
Thanks for the suggestion Hemi

·
Serras n Snakes
3,571 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts