Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Don't f*ck with the fairy.
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm a little rusty on my pencil work, being that charcoal is by far my favored medium... And I was sketching in my Art Appreciation class a small portrait of the professor. After class he approached me and asked to see what I was doing that required me to look at him so critically. I showed him and he said it was rather good (which shocked me because I always thought my pencil work was really lacking). He also encouraged me to keep it up and continue a sketch book for his class for extra credit.

SO

Anyone out there wanna play model? I need portraiture shots, head to mid chest, full on or 3/4. No profiles please.

Oh, and this is about the extent of my skills right now... the whole practice thing is supposed to improve them.

View attachment 45958

Professor Hirchaw

· Don't f*ck with the fairy.
4,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Grimreaperman said:
huh thats pretty good. eyes are a little too big and the shadow under the chin needs to be very fine grouped lines. i took art class at least 5 times, not that i failed, that i liked it because you draw and you get a grade.
[snapback]861002[/snapback]​
lol his glasses are magnifying ones. they actually make his eyes look that big. i did that on purpose
and anyhow, he has a BEARD. its a representation of it... its only a 5 minute sketch. if i wanted to refine it i could but i just wanna get a bunch and then flip back between all of them to refine.

BTW: anyone who wants to be a model, post a pic of you on this thread at LEAST 5" tall and relatively clear with indirect lighting (or direct if you have no idea how to do this)

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
you gotta work on your line quality

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.