Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short, Sunday i do my weekly water change and notice the motor to the filter on the Brandtii tank failed. I order a new motor from BigAls, do my water change anyways, and figure he'll be fine for 2-3 days. Anyways due to no circulation, no powerhead either, and the combo of my 60 degree basement caused a wide temp swing between 2 sides of the tank. The heater was on one side of the tank while the sensor was on the other side causing one side to be real hot while the other side was reading 64 on the thermometer. Didn't make sense to me because the touch of the glass was warm. Brandtii found dead when I came home from work yesterday at the same time the motor arrived.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Sorry for your loss.You going to replace it with another Brandti or something else?

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be safe than sorry i cleaned the filter real good and started a fresh pure ammonia cycle. Will be curious if I can do it in 12 days again without an additive. Anyways I wanted a Brandtii so bad and that's what I would love to get again, but they are too hard to get and the ones that are for sale are on the left coast. I'll give it some time and see what happens. Unless one of our sponsors comes up with something new in the next couple weeks and no Brandtii's are available I'll get the Marginatus. If not that definately a gold Mac/Spilo.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
sorry to hear that man

stick with a brandtii....thats the fish you wanted

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
sorry for your loss man, I know what you feel

·
Registered
8,643 Posts
man that sux

i never really wanted a mac/spilo, but now im stoked i got one ( ordered as calmoni ).

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
To be safe than sorry i cleaned the filter real good and started a fresh pure ammonia cycle. Will be curious if I can do it in 12 days again without an additive. Anyways I wanted a Brandtii so bad and that's what I would love to get again, but they are too hard to get and the ones that are for sale are on the left coast. I'll give it some time and see what happens. Unless one of our sponsors comes up with something new in the next couple weeks and no Brandtii's are available I'll get the Marginatus. If not that definately a gold Mac/Spilo.
i know a friend who knows someone who has a brandti for sale i think....ill try to contact him....

but damn, my brandti is dead

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
it happens man. it sucks but it happens. i lost my manny by human error and also 49 frontosa eggs......... that would run about $1000 for 49 fry. sucks but i guess its bound to happen to the best of us.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts