Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up 2 baby caribe from Pedro and they were doing fine together in a 20 long. I was going to add a wild red with them to break up the tension if I saw any sign of aggression toward each other. I woke up saturday afternoon and one of the caribe had the whole tail bitten off and he was floating dead. I was pretty pissed to say the least. Now I have a bulky baby just chilling in the tank by himself slaying feeders. I felt bad for the little bugger who lost his life to a bigger caribe. :sad:

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Where there only 2 in that 20? That could have been the reason.

~Dj

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i knew that there could be a problem.....but they were acting fine together....i was going to add a bigger red as soon as the caribe put on a little size

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
That's too bad, Sorry to hear. I hate when they start munching on eachother.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
sorry to hear...but you definaltly need a bigger tank if you plan on housing 3 p's

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah all of my P's are going in a 125 or 150 next month

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sorry to hear that...better luck next time and don't ever put 2 Caribas in a 20g tank together again...they need much more room due to territorial behavior and remember 2 is not a good number with Ps!

You shouldn't overstock your tanks with Cariba...i have lost 2 of them in last 14 years for that reason...i learned my lesson...do you?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts