Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first off i am a new fish owner, and new piranha owner, my water hasn't even established a cycle yet, thats how new i am to this. anyways i was at the store today sellign some p's becasue i dont have the space for them and they looked unhappy. a 90 gal with 9 4-5" P's. i got rid of 4 and a stupid crayfish that ate everythign i put in my tank. they said they were goign to get new black p's in for the first time, im think DAMN i wast a RHOM! then we started talkin about vicious fish and he introduced me to a oscar. the pair of fish i never bothered to look at im DYING for. i walked by them time after time again and once he demonstarted that they attack other piranhas iin the wild and they can jump out, and showed me you can train them, i fell in love! well anyways i plan on getting some now, well as soon as my water establishes which i hope will be soon.

anyways what other vicious fish are there? i like P's cuz they attack and rip things apart, where the oscar is rough but just swallows things whole or in a bit or two, and look freaking dope. i like them both but i want to kwo if there is anything else out there i must have passed over?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hey Oscars are the wusses of all cichlids in comparison. tehy are real nice and frendly though and can be hand fed and have great personalities. Some people call them aquatiq dogs due to there personality

If you are looking for fish that size that are aggresive ill give you some suggestions

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
SnowCichlid said:
Hey Oscars are the wusses of all cichlids in comparison. tehy are real nice and frendly though and can be hand fed and have great personalities. Some people call them aquatiq dogs due to there personality

If you are looking for fish that size that are aggresive ill give you some suggestions
they also can be hadn feed becuase they have no teeth so to speek of, you can let them bite you, and nothing will happen. they might have some thing down in their thought, but i cant feel it when it bite me.

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,760 Posts
rosecityrhom said:
Bobme, Post a video of your oscars biting you...I wanna watch it.
Umm ok i guess i can..
I did it at petsmart, just shoved my hand in the tank and away it bite. Ill do it again and again, i dont care, i also shoved my hand into the feeders tank at pet smart and grabed a few feeders and droped them into the tank.

·
rhombeus
3,659 Posts
i have two tiger oscars sizes 3'' 5'' they will eat anything anytime they will take a feeder down in ten seconds the chase is unreal. but if your going to have oscars i suggest you have some kick ass filteration because they like to chew the food and spit it out constantly. i have a fluval 404 and an ac300 in my 77gal and it can hardly keep up! oscars can grow from one inch to twelve inches in one year.

·
Beautiful One
8,799 Posts
My Oscar jumped up and bit Kevin when he was cleaning the tank. :biggrin:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts