Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just got a new fish in with my barbs....

and im wondering what does these guys eat?

ive tried blode worms (live/frozen) but they dont touch them...
do anyone here OWN this fish? if so pls tell me what u feed them and what are the requirements on maintaining these beautiful fish ....thx
heres a pick if u dont know what a peacock gudgeon is-

G

·
That's a great looking fish. I've never seen one of those before. It looks like it was colored with a Hi-Lighter.

I have no idea what they eat. But just give it a day or two to settle in to its new home and see what it will eat.

· Registered
506 Posts
sweet fish....Planning on breeding?
Anyways ya, most fish wont eat for about 3 days of moving to a new tank. Some will....some won't....so don't worry if the fish has been in there for less than three days...Also the fish can prolly live for a month or so with out food...So test different foods and READ UP ON THE FISH BEFORE YOU GET THEM NEXT TIME!

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
It'll only reach about 2 inches maximum and can eat just about anything, high quality flake foods should work well. Water temperature is somewhere around mid 70s (like 74-78 I heard) and I've seen them called Peacock Gobies at the lfs.

Very cool pickup

EDIT: Seen a site just now that said they won't take dried foods, if that's the case, try brine shrimp

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thx guys for the replies ... i DID research this fish before i picked him up...and yes it said they would eat flake food and bloodworms...

BUT ive tried feeding them all those already and still they dont eat... well i should wait a little longer for him to get more comfortable in the new home...

And ABB i also have a pair of CACATUOIDES and a Pair of P.Furcata

heres a pic of the male cacatuoide

· Registered
506 Posts
ReDraGon-> said:
Thx guys for the replies ... i DID research this fish before i picked him up...and yes it said they would eat flake food and bloodworms...

BUT ive tried feeding them all those already and still they dont eat... well i should wait a little longer for him to get more comfortable in the new home...

And ABB i also have a pair of CACATUOIDES and a Pair of P.Furcata

heres a pic of the male cacatuoide
[snapback]850446[/snapback]​
Nice fish

I"ve always wanted a cacautoide(apistomgramma w/e) I love their fins....Their pimpin

· Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SLANTED said:
GREAT pickups! Must have been hard to find those guys.
[snapback]851073[/snapback]​
Actually it wasnt hard at all to find these guys.... Yea u cant find the specimens at PETCO or PETSMART those places suck anyways...

I got all my tropical community fish from my part-time job, they even carry the ZEBRA pleco , and thats one hard fish to GET

· Registered
13,105 Posts
ReDraGon-> said:
Actually it wasnt hard at all to find these guys.... Yea u cant find the specimens at PETCO or PETSMART those places suck anyways...

I got all my tropical community fish from my part-time job, they even carry the ZEBRA pleco , and thats one hard fish to GET
[snapback]851363[/snapback]​
Hard to get cheap...

Sounds like you've figured out how to get fish that are colorful, interesting, and able to stay small for life! Most of us (definitely myself included) aren't too good at that!

· Registered
41 Posts
I have 4 peacock gudgeons in a 10g. I feed them regular old Tetramin flake food. They seem to enjoy it as they come out during feeding time and beg at the front of the glass. I've also fed them blackworms and they seemed to like them too

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.