Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
HENRY
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have decided to lose weight, because i think its time for a change this year so i plan to lose atleast 150 pounds and im going to keep track of how much i lose every two weeks in this topic, right now i weigh like 290, im 5'10".I plan to eat nothing but salads, drink water every day. i will work out every day like 50 push-ups, like 50 sit-ups a day, and runing at a local park here in palmdale every saturday for an hour. this my plan if you guys and girls have some info that might help me, just say and it will be appreciated :nod:

monday, march 14, 2005 it starts

·
tap or snap
11,911 Posts
sit ups and pushups wont get rid of that weight. you gotta RUN RUN RUN RUN. i also think 150lbs is a bit too much. you'd be weighing 140 @ 5'10 if you accomplished that. losing 120 would be better.

just eat healthy and run a lot. situps and pushups will help for mucle later on, but right now i'd focus on running.

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
hyphen said:
sit ups and pushups wont get rid of that weight. you gotta RUN RUN RUN RUN. i also think 150lbs is a bit too much. you'd be weighing 140 @ 5'10 if you accomplished that. losing 120 would be better.

just eat healthy and run a lot. situps and pushups will help for mucle later on, but right now i'd focus on running.
[snapback]932616[/snapback]​

cardio is where it's at; you can do situps till you're blue in the face, but won't get a 6pack till you get cardio and diet down

·
Registered
818 Posts
try walking first, long distance walking will help and put less pressure on your knees and ankles if you are over weight. once youve lost a bit of weight through dieting and walking then progress to jogging.

·
VENOM
4,689 Posts
150 is alot of weight to lose in 1 year.

I would aim a little lower there is no reason to lose that much

weight in that amout of time you will end up makeing yourself

sick.

Good Luck

·
Breaki'n all day...
4,507 Posts
the normal healthy weight for your height is 180(for a male, which you are)

so you don't need to lose 150lbs! just 110...

and they are right...CARDIO is what you need to focus on.
Running, Jogging, Walking, Skipping, Biking, sports......all work amazing

Good Luck!

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
Salads wont repair that torn down muscle very much...

also, be sure not to add dressing, unless its low/nonfat.

·
Indianapolis Football
12,187 Posts
Fido said:
Salads wont repair that torn down muscle very much...

[snapback]932741[/snapback]​
HUH ?

A grilled chicken salad will - or anything w/ protein

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
good luck ya gonna need it, iv started my diet and altho iv only been eating healthy foods iv found that i eat alot of it and so it doesnt help! I go to the gym every thursday and bike 10 km, jog a km and then spend 10 minutes on the rower before going into the weight room and then going for a swim, its pretty hard work but it all should be worth it in the end. Just dont over do it! All my effort will be wasted tonight tho coz im goin out and getin wasted and i dont think beers to healthy!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Determination is the key. You can have the best diet planned out, with the most rigourous cardio program known to man, but you have to WANT it. Good luck with your venture.

·
DOC#003162
15,011 Posts
i like moutain bikeing when i could do it but try swimming also,

to keep track use your blogg here on the fury, it would help keep things more organized

·
Registered
365 Posts
Umbilical Syllables said:
Determination is the key. You can have the best diet planned out, with the most rigourous cardio program known to man, but you have to WANT it. Good luck with your venture.
[snapback]932886[/snapback]​

just remember that you will not see much difference for the first few weeks, but stick at it, eat little amounts and eat often - say every 2 hours or somthin, eating smaller meals will give your body chance to digest more, don't eat after about 7-30 at night, cause your less active after this time. Also try measuring youself with a tape measure on your waist or whatever to see the loss in weight that way, take photo's of youself in the mirror say once a month and compare them.

Once you start to see a change it does wonders for moral and confidence...

good luck

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
290 wow it,s about time

are you running right now ??

·
Registered
648 Posts
I wouldn't commit yourself to eating just salads.... you will get bored and discouraged with that. Variety is the spice of life

A great web site to help you out is: slimfast.com Even if you don't use the slimfast products, they have lots of tips, recipes, workout advice, diary, a chat group, and more.

·
Registered
815 Posts
MR.FREEZ said:
i like moutain bikeing when i could do it but try swimming also,

to keep track use your blogg here on the fury, it would help keep things more organized

[snapback]932895[/snapback]​
get you ass on a mountain bike i ride 10miles a day and for fun i do 50-100km marathons on my bike check my sig for details
and i cant put weight on and it does my head in!!!!
be carefull with the running if youve never dont much you can damage your knees badly so dont over do it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts