Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought there red bellys about 3 weeks ago they where the size of a dime now there almost an inch long i have them in a 33 long and was wondering how long i can keep them in there before i should up grade the tank and at ruffly what size they will be when its time too switch tanks

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I think you have 3. I would say you should upgrade by the time they are 4 inches and a 55 would be the minimum size. If it were me, when it came time to upgrade I would go with a 75 (larger if you can afford it) tank and add 2 more natts or maybe a few caribe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i ment three, i have an 77 with an oscar and orange pike in it and i htink im gonna seel them and put the p's in there

·
Registered
496 Posts
your p's would have done alright up till 3-4inches in the 33 then you would have had to upgrade to at least a 55. The 77 will be fine for a while till they get around 8+inches then i'd move them to a 125 and they'll be fine for life.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
P. nattereri (Reds) are very fast growers so you should upgrade ASAP...as been said a 55g tank should work for a while (till they get around 7-8") then you should get at least a 75g tank for life...:nod: !

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
CranialUnsanity said:
Would your P's stop growing if they don't have the room to grow? They wouldn't be able to out grow their own tank would they?

<-- needs to get a bigger tank but hopes it can wait till spring

five 5-3" RBPs in a 29g bare tank
Sadly they won't stop growing and will outgrow a 30g tank pretty soon...a bigger tank is a must :nod: !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts