Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two more red bellys to match my one that I all ready had in a 75 gallon tank for about two weeks. I moved the decor around alittle before putting them in together. So far so good a day later. They all seem to like the same spot right in the middle of the tank behind some driftwood that has some plants on it. With the biggest always chasing the two others away. He isn't biting them at all. My question is, I know the tank isn't the biggest but a 75 gallon tank should be fine for 3 full grown fish right? They will probably get to about 10 or so inches I would think. All three of them range from 6 to just about 8 inches at current time. I have four plants lined up across the middle for them to hide out all away across the back and swim and eat in the front. With little gaps between each plant to swim between. Is this to much stuff in the tank? All the pictures I see on here are pretty open. With one big coverage area in the middle What do you guys think about the set up Should I take some things out??

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hey that is plenty of room for your 3 P's ... decors are never going to hurt, that does not sound overcrowded and as long as there is swimming areas above these decors then the more better it is. If you have pics we can confirm it with you. Just to let you know it sounds good though
have fun :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I wish I had a digital camara so I could post some pics. I think it looks pretty good. I know it isn't the best to feed them feeder goldfish but I didn't want to experiment with anything when I first introduced the new ones. Like I said I have three rb ranging from 6-8 inches... how many feeders should I give them to keep them happy. I have access to 10 cent feeders. So there real cheap. About 1 inch long or so. I put about 15-20 in right with the p's when I introduced them so they wouldn't pick on each other and just chase them. I was thinking about 10 or so every other day or so?? Is that about right? Thanks!

·
Registered
18,153 Posts
Just add new feeders when the old ones are 'done'...

In the meantime, you can quaranteen other feeders in a little spare tank, to sift out the diseased ones.

About your set-up: my tank is pretty full as well, but my reds still have enough room to swim, because I places the plants and bog wood to the sides and the back of the tank. This way they can hide when they feel scared, but have enough swimming room in the center and in the front area.
Pics would be helpful, but it seems to be fine...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.