Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering about raw chicken just a thought
ive heard chicken has samenela or something like that
question that i wouldnt mind answered
oh yeah wut about salmon or other fish such as tuna

·
Beautiful One
8,798 Posts
other fish if it is freshly caught or has no perservatives I dunno about the chicken.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Chicken will be okay for your fish. Salmonella is a desease that will not harm your fish. No worries about it. If you would like to be 100%, it is a good idea to freeze all meat before offering it to your fish. This will kill most parasites I believe.

Tuna would be okay, if not cooked. Can tuna is cooked and will not be good for your fish. Tuna raw is pretty expensive and you are equally good going with something cheaper like catfish or salmon which are alot cheaper.

Back to that freezing idea. Just cut up any raw meat into feeding sized portions, lay on cookie sheet (so they do not freeze together), and let sit in the freezer overnight. In the morning remove from cookie sheet and place in a ziplock bag. Keep the bag in the freezer. That will dispatch of any parasites.
~Dj

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
You can also mix 'em via blender and add some veggies. Pour in a tray, freeze, and serve...

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
InSinUAsian said:
Chicken will be okay for your fish. Salmonella is a desease that will not harm your fish. No worries about it. If you would like to be 100%, it is a good idea to freeze all meat before offering it to your fish. This will kill most parasites I believe.

Tuna would be okay, if not cooked. Can tuna is cooked and will not be good for your fish. Tuna raw is pretty expensive and you are equally good going with something cheaper like catfish or salmon which are alot cheaper.

Back to that freezing idea. Just cut up any raw meat into feeding sized portions, lay on cookie sheet (so they do not freeze together), and let sit in the freezer overnight. In the morning remove from cookie sheet and place in a ziplock bag. Keep the bag in the freezer. That will dispatch of any parasites.
~Dj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.