Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had this ac200 that was running on my 20gal. I sold the tank a few weeks ago and kept the ac200. I rinsed it and left it in a bag untill today. I wanted to switch it for the ac150 on my 10gal to get more filtration. So when I took the filter out the bag I saw tiny grey snails in the bottom of the filter. I even found smaller ones embedded in the sponge. I rinsed the filter and sponge and threw out the carbon bag. So where did they come from? I heard that snails are a serious problem. I didnt set up the filter caus I was paranoid so I put it back in a plastic bag. What precautions should I take to make this filter safe to use?

· Registered
13,105 Posts
Not necessarily a serious problem. What's your set-up (fish-wise)?

Lots of people want snails, others get loaches and other fish that eat snails. I've never found snails to be that annoying.

· tap or snap
10,596 Posts
snails aren't a serious problem unless you have plants in your tank that you dont want to get eaten. there are some tricks to get rid of them in your tank, but if you haven't had an outbreak then i wouldn't worry about it.

· Registered
1,693 Posts
same thing happened with my ac 500's. you think you get them out of you tank and they chill under the ac sponges. no biggie. just grab out the ones you can see and add some salt. or if you get a ton in there like i did, you can take off the whole filter and run it under hot water and inspect it to see if any got left behind, then re-hang it. i only find like one snail every two weeks now.

· joey'd is da man
11,920 Posts
piranha45 said:
its a mean hateful and malicious title, not a nice title innes
[snapback]876387[/snapback]​
pleased you agree :laugh:

in all honesty its just rude, there aint no need to swear in the title of the thread, if this was on my site I'd have edited the title and Pm'ed the member, I most likely would have recieved complaints about the title also.
luckely for Cobra its Mikes site and swearing seems commonplace and accepted here.

doesn't make it look good though.

thinking about it I think it may break the PFury rules too:
PFury rules said:
8. Using basic common sense and online etiquitte when posting. Do not ruin this forum for everyone else that likes to use it for valid discussions.

· Registered
480 Posts
Take them out, cook them up, and eat 'em

· Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Innes , wats up with that fuckin quote? Talking about fuckin snails in my fuckin filter is a fuckin valid discussion. I' m not discriminating anyone for their race, gender, sexual orientation or religious beliefs. ( Wich I have seen being done a few times on this site)

All The people I've seen swear in threads and I've never seen a "watch your language post" like this before. Your post doesnt even add any validity to the discussion (snails in my filter) in the first place.

This fuckin site includes a fuckin
emoticon for goodness sake!

So go
to Xenon about it , maybe he'll change it.

Well...........don't
too much.............I'm just fuckin around.........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.