Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's my young six inch-ish black rhom in his 40 gal long. he really appears to like it alot. his eye is really reddening and he's getting a lot of red under his throat. i took these at night so he may be in dull colors mode. he's a good little rhom and his likes his sand and plants. fed him a piece of catfish before the pics. got him from a lfs early last summer. no idea whatsoever about collection point or age, etc. enjoy.

·
Photo Whore
2,656 Posts
Looks good Dutch,
one healthy looking rhom you got there

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks york. you would definitely know.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
two more really fast. he has flawless fins, but his dorsal has that ripple or kink thing in the top. i think it's from when he was a baby and shipped in a small container or something because it's been there since i got the little nipper and shows no signs or flattening out or changing. that's his only physical flaw from what i can see. i like him alot. he lives on the bookshelf in the den so you can watch him at night when he comes out to prowl. he likes to watch the room from the tank. like many rhoms, he was so skittish when i got him i worried outright. after several months he's out of his shell though and turning into a great pet.

·
Photo Whore
2,656 Posts
Looks like he may have damaged the spines in his doral fin when younger. I'm pretty sure these will grow out eventually, but will take a long time

Nothing to worry about anyway. Still a top looking P

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys. i had him on dark gravel for a long time, but i like the way the light sand brings him out. he likes to dig holes and chill in the dunes too. i think york's right about the dorsal spines. i feed him often and do lots of water changes. i hope he grows!

·
Registered
494 Posts
nice fish and set up. but from the pictures it looks like the tank is quite a bit out of level. i know you didnt ask anyone to critique your setup but i was just saying what i had noticed. great fish once again

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it's slightly out of level because it's at the mercy of the floor and bookshelf it's on. it looks worse because the sand and angle of photos combined makes it look weird, especially when the water level goes down a little bit and i take a photo of a rhom who likes to lean when annoyed. it's actually just slightly lower in the left side. what are you going to do? you can't tell when it's full and it's on the most solid wall mounted book case ever......like solid baby.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Great Rhom dutch!!
set up is nice, but the rocks or your decor coloration seems non coordinated to your plants and sand set up IMO. Add a powerhead to see if he swims actively. My manueli has 250gph eheim 2026, 330 gph penguin 330 and a 14" airstone elite 804 air pump only on during daytime. He swims alot and loves it so much and i believe most serras preffered to have more aeration in their water like where they came from

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
THATS A NICE LOOKING RHOM.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys. based on what i've learned from other more experienced members, i'm changing the name to "probably altuvei on tan sand". it all unfolded in species i.d. if you have a hunch your rhom is not a rhom and you want to take a gander.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts