• 2-Below Average

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 1-POS

Votes: 1 16.7%
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Should I get the hydor 3 or the hydor 4 for my 100 gallon tank?
There are 6 pygos and the tank is 60" long.
thnx
hydor 4 IMO. I have it in my 70g tank and it works awesome!

·
[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[] "
4,205 Posts
Cool, thanks for the quick replies. 1200gph sounded like a lot of flow, but I will get the #4 since you guys recommend it. gotta trust in the pfury advice!!!

·
Registered
19,947 Posts
Powerheads such as a AC and a maxijet are direct current ] I>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hydors are difused current and with the make and engineering of them ] '.'.'.'.I>`.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'
With my pro example and and hard thought out diagram making it ten times easier to understand should be rather simple to see. Note how there is no flow up to the first type and whenthe flow starts it is like a line, where is the hydor generates a field of current due to it's venting and design.

·
[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[] "
4,205 Posts
:cheer: I just got the HK 4 delivered yesterday from Big Al's. The p's absolutely love the extra current in the tank. I also love the HK. It definitely has the best design of powerheads for creating water current. Also, its magnet mounting system and swivel base is superb- very flexible for locating anywhere in the tank. I have used several other brands of powerheads over the years but HK has them all beat!

·
Registered
706 Posts
what size would u recomnd for a 55gal with a 6-7" rhom? i was think the 3 i really want one of these!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts