Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well not really. in fact since i got the rhom which is 4 days ago now he hasn't ate anything. i know it hasnt been too long esspecially for a 10" rhom but the feeder i put in before i got him is eating more than he is. i put a silverside in there and the feeder picks it apart. the rhom wont eat! are there any ways to provoke my rhom to eat? what do they really like to eat? i thought for sure he would have ate that feeder by now or the silversides i have been putting in there. my reds love those silversides as well as the feeders.

·
Registered
880 Posts
henry 79 said:
give him time
[snapback]950291[/snapback]​
yah yah i know, time, always time, but how much time? my reds started to eat after the first day or so and they were only like 1" when i got em. how long does it ussually take for rhoms to start to eat. i hate the waiting game. it makes me think there is something wrong with him. it makes me so nervous

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Don't worry. He will eat when he is good and ready. I have just changed my Rhom tank around which has made him go on hunger strike. I am not to bothered though yet, they won't let themselves starve !

·
Registered
524 Posts
when you transport a rhom it could take up to two weeks for him to start eating again however unlikely, and rhoms arent real big eaters anyway nothing to a red belly

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys i just wish my rhom would come back to life. the guy who had him before me said the rhom would chase him whenever he would walk by the tank and chase his finger. although he is a beautiful fish just to look at

1 - 6 of 6 Posts