Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw some huge spilos today ate the store (like8-9 inches!!). I wanted to buy one but didn't, and stuck by the little inch long one I currently own. But I was wondering ruffly how long it will take for mine to get that big, and whats the fastest way for him to reach that size. I posted the same topic on predatory fish, but no one over there ever replies to anything I post, so I thought I would have better luck over here, always do
Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
spilos grow relatively fast when small especially with more than one in the tank. maybe you could try buying a couple more small spilos if you have a big enough tank then when they start getting bigger sell them off. your spilo would grow faster if had to compete with something else. other than that, lots of water changes, and a good varied diet.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
HOLLYWOOD said:
Growth rate is similar to natts for the first year. (6-7").
Yeah I aggree. Mine were only 1.25 inches when I got them January 15th. Now some are just breaking 4 inches. So I would say a slightly less then reds, but not much less. Definately pretty close.

~Dj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.