Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my dilema: I want piranhas that are really aggressive, ones that will eat goldfish and mice like theyre starvin etheopians, ones that will try to bite my dick off when i walk by the tank, but ones that arent aggressive to each other. How do i reduce aggression amongst the ps while maintaining their bloodthirsty behavior? I was thinking that a powerhead might keep them occupied, so I have some questions. Where should I put it? Near the top or the bottom? I dont want the powerhead to be on them all the time, because then they will just hang at the opposite end of the tank and be so crowded that they will eat eachother. Also, what gph powerhead should i get for my 6 foot long (140 gallon) tank?

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Just keep them well fed, the temp no more than 80 and enough room...there will allways be some fin nippin and other minor aggression, it´s their nature...but you don´t have to worry if you have enough room and food for them...don´t hesitate and get your PS...enjoy!

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
P's are wonderful fish. Aggression is not what defines P's for what they are. Acceptance of your fish for what they are, and not what you want them to be is the only way you will be happy with them. Aggression is just to random from fish to fish, to base that as the reason for buying them. Enjoy the your P's for the simple fact they are wonderful fish. Expecting anything else will, more times then not, lead to disappointment.

*sigh*

~Dj

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have 5 5inch rbp in a 75g. I have a wet/dry with a spraybar for the return. My fish destroy anything I put in the tank (mice,fish,worms,crayfish) anything! I think my fish go through some sort of cycle or something. Every three weeks there seems to be a territory dispute or something and one or two end up with fin nips. It is really not that big of deal because they heal in like a week and a half. I am just glad I haven't had any mortal wounds or body bite YET. I also have a rhom tank and he doesn't like the powerhead at all, seems like my gold spilo doesn't either. But the rbp love to swim in the current and they have all found there little territorial niche! Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts