Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a P who got sick and now the store is going to give me a new fish. He was in a group of 4 and now im scared to introduce a new fish to the original 3 fish. is there a special way to do this? put a divider in the tank? idk
any tips???

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
I got a P who got sick and now the store is going to give me a new fish. He was in a group of 4 and now im scared to introduce a new fish to the original 3 fish. is there a special way to do this? put a divider in the tank? idk
any tips???
your supposed to add like a couple cups of water to his water so he can get used to they;re water and have no shock....its like add a couple cups every 10 min for like a half hour (cant quite quite remeber)....when it comes to dropping him in try this....take the other p's out, put them in the same bucket with the new guy, re-arrange all the decor in the tank, and when you drop them all in its fair game, new scenerio for everyone, no pre-claimed territory's, thus resulting in no ganging up etc...

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
That is pretty much dead on. You can also reduce the temp to help lessen the aggression. Other than that, good luck.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
any tips???
your supposed to add like a couple cups of water to his water so he can get used to they;re water and have no shock....its like add a couple cups every 10 min for like a half hour (cant quite quite remeber)....when it comes to dropping him in try this....take the other p's out, put them in the same bucket with the new guy, re-arrange all the decor in the tank, and when you drop them all in its fair game, new scenerio for everyone, no pre-claimed territory's, thus resulting in no ganging up etc...
[/quote]

good plan give them all i tiny bit of shock and make it fair. thanks a lot

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
yeah, 78 is definatly fine....maybe when they're all good....raise the temp up a few degree's....glad to of assisted you, let us know if it goes alright

·
Innes is da Man!
5,907 Posts
well said itstheiceman..

feed the 3 Ps too before you mix them to be sure...
true, and how big are they and how big is they new one?
there are many factors to such a situation, keep us posted and good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts