Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone
im a new owner of a 4" rhom. i dont know what kind of rhom he is but hes pretty cool. the only thing is ive tried just about everything to get him to be less shy and more aggressive. temp is at 81F and ive added some salt, and black water extract hoping this would make him feel more comfortable. i have him in a 20 gallon tall right now and added a powerhead to give him a nice current to swim against when he feels like it. so far ive only seen him eat once and i had to stay really still so i wouldnt scare him. ive even gone so far as to put a firemouth cichlid to act as a dithers. so far the cichlid is still alive but hes a bit chewed up. i dont know what else to do to get him to be less shy. help please im a newbie at solitary p's help

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
No real definite way but some good advice is to feed live food, place tank in high traffic area, 82-83 degree temp, no decor, keep tank dark and some good wishing. Oh yeah, powerhead for constant moving.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Some fish are just like that. There is just nothing you can really do to change it for the most part. I hope that you bought your fish for its beauty as a fish, and not its aggression. Aggression, as you now know, can not be charecterized/generalized according to species. Buying fish purely due to aggresion will more times then not, lead to dissappointment.

~Dj

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
remember that a rhombeus is still very beautiful and a very cool fish even if its not aggressive. Gl with you fish man, hope he turns out to be a real minster.... you never know

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
welcome LordCecil to p-fury

second u will need a bigger tank for that rhom they get mighty big

and good luck with your new rhom

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys.
yes i did get the rhom for its beauty or should i say since it looked badass hehe. anyhow i was just hoping that there might be someway to get him less shy oh well i guess time will only tell how he responds to me. thanks again guys. ill try to post pics soon possibly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts