Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering, since I like the look of tea-colored water:
is there a way to give the tank water such a color without using stuff like peat or black water extract. The quality of my tank water is fine, and I don't want to mess that up and risk my fish, so is there any way to color the water in a different way?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hmmm, tea colored water? Lots and lots of tea bags! Just joking, I don't know.... I'd think that someone has to make something though.

Let us know if you find something and if you use it, it might be interesting to see. Good luck

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Black water extract won't mess your tank water quality...it should get just a little more acid (no more than 0.5 variation on your PH level)!

Drifwoods add tanins to water too!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Mr. Hannibal said:
Black water extract won't mess your tank water quality...it should get just a little more acid (no more than 0.5 variation on your PH level)!

Drifwoods add tanins to water too!
Black extract does mess with your PH.. how your water perimeters are balanced, determines if extracts would have any effects with your Ps.

Driftwood can stain water, but that also shows that it hasn't been treated very well, not to mention it also lowers your PH :
:

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My pieces of driftwood are cleaned really well, so they don't leach any tanins.
I might consider trying BWE, but I'm still not really convinced it won't affect the water perimeters...
Other than that, all I can think of atm. is using tea-colored sheets of transparant plastic, but that doesn't sound very effective nor eye-pleasing to me.....

Anyways, keep 'em coming, peeps!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.