Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice about how to feed my p's...ive been feeding them catfish and shrimp and was wondering if i could feed them both the same way...and if so then how...thanks

· Registered
566 Posts
I've been meaning to ask about this too..... I have 4" rbps...... how big of a chunk of meat do ya'll throw in.... should I chop it up a little? distribute it between the 3 fish......

awh...... this is a stupid post..... my fish eat fine now

· Registered
18,153 Posts
Instead of dumping a big chunk of food in the tank and see how things are going, I feed small mouthfulls and drop them in one after another. This way I can monitor how much every fish eats and when they have had enough without messing up the tank (no left-overs).

· Registered
747 Posts
i cut the food they will be eating into small strips and throw the strips in 1 at the time when 1 sits on the bottom for about 5 mins and they dont touch it put it back with the others in the freezer and wait till the next time to feed

· Registered
126 Posts
Judazzz said:
Instead of dumping a big chunk of food in the tank and see how things are going, I feed small mouthfulls and drop them in one after another. This way I can monitor how much every fish eats and when they have had enough without messing up the tank (no left-overs).
[snapback]877704[/snapback]​
Handikapped said:
i cut the food they will be eating into small strips and throw the strips in 1 at the time when 1 sits on the bottom for about 5 mins and they dont touch it put it back with the others in the freezer and wait till the next time to feed
[snapback]877888[/snapback]​
this is the same way I feed it really helps with cleaning and the fish seem to attack the smaller pieces faster than larger ones.

· Registered
940 Posts
i actually tie a big hunk to some fishing line ( spiderwire is best) and dangle it if you jig the meat ( if u are a fisherman u know what jig is) basically move it up and down they attack and u can keep any pieces from infecting the tank they just take bites of it
you get a decent frenzy and no mess then just pull uneaten food out
you end up throwing some away but after a few attempts u can judge how big a piece u need
later

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.