Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well first of all, i have one small rhom in a 15 gallon tank, i know thats small and i am upgrading soon. first of all, would a 30 gallon be any better than a 20 long for just this one rhom? i dont plan on putting anything else in there. the rhom wouldnt allow that
so anyway, when i go to change tanks, i might want to reuse the rocks and such in my tank now, what should i do with the rhom while i empty all of these things out? or should i just go with new rocks?

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
first off...30g..is a little bit tight but it better then 15g...for sure..

i suggest you fill up 30g..with water and cycle the tank about 4-6 week before you move anything out from the rhom tank. After it cycle all you have to do is scoop up the rhom and put it in 30g....

·
LeT gO mY EgGs GRoLL
8,959 Posts
yea!..add gravel or sand..fill up the water...run your filter, get your hater and ligh ready..after the cycle done you want to do some water change before you add the rhom in there...

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Yep, 2p2f is correct. Or, if you want to use the same equipment on the new tank you can alway:
1. Place the Rhom in a container
2. Transfer the rocks, driftwood, etc. to the new tank
3. Syphon as much water from the old tank to the new one, then
4. Switch over the filtration to the new tank, and
5. Finally, transfer the Rhom the new tank, taking time to acklimate him slowly.

Of course, with this method you will have a small mini-cyle but with water changes and proper testing you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmmm i think i would rather go with the new rocks...i like the sound of that better, and i could by new decor and just add my old decor to it when i transfer the piranha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts