Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Investing in stocks is not gambling. There shouldn't be an age limit. Like with a bank account, minors must have a guardian to open an account.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
hey i said it was a guess haha...besides, $7 is enough to buy stocks....most people who invest start w/ at least $10,000 which is the recommended amount by financial advisors. The return on anything less is minimal at best.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Like said above if you are under 18 you must have a parent/gardian on your account. If you are above 18 and wish to invest you can either go through a financial advising firm, buy through an online trader, etc. There are many ways to participate in the market, a good book on basic trading should point you in the correct direction

·
Registered
761 Posts
To go along with the age limit, you can trade at a younger age as long as somebody signs for you.

Also, brokerages have minimum limits for starting accounts. I know that Scottade is one of the lowest, I believe they have a $500 minimum to start an account which is pretty good for somebody that's wanting to start with little money. They also have $7 commissions which is much cheaper than other outfits.

I'm not trying to advertise for them, but I thought I would throw the idea out for anybody that's interested. Go to their website (or a branch office) to find out their details.

Shop around, you'll find that every outfit has it's pros and cons, some are much more expensive than others, some provide better services than others, etc..

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
its a good thing you want to start young with stocks. i got my first stock when i was 13 from my grandpop. and i have a sh*t load of bonds. and lets just say i'm double the age now then when i first got my stock!
and i still haven't cashed nothing in. hope everything works out for you . good luck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.