Piranhas Forum banner

How Often do you change the water in your piranhas tank?

• multiple times in 1 week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • every week

• every 2 weeks

• every 3 weeks

• every month

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Dodge City
10,070 Posts
Hi,
I usually vacuum the gravel thoroughly and when the water is coming from the gravel pretty clear, I stop . It's usually about 25 or 30% and I try to do it every weekend. If there's any debris left from feeding I'll do a spot cleaning , just taking out the obvious pieces with the vacume .maybe just a couple gallons only using a pail.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I'll do a 15-20% water change, wait two days, then do it again. So I change 40% of the water a week. I really don't need to do it that frequently because my guys eat everything and there's only 3 of them in there but I am an anal retentive dork.

Joe

·
Registered
244 Posts
I usually do mine once a month,since I have really good filtration and don't feed too much. But I started doing it once a week with about a 25% water change. I change around sometimes.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
30-35% once a week!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i do full gravel vac and 30% water change every week but have on occasion left it for 2 like holidays and the like
dixon

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
on average about 2 times a week sometimes longer if i have no time, if more time i go for more than 2 a week...
never longer than a week and a half though...

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Genin said:
I'll do a 15-20% water change, wait two days, then do it again. So I change 40% of the water a week. I really don't need to do it that frequently because my guys eat everything and there's only 3 of them in there but I am an anal retentive dork.

Joe
they still produce waste, thats why you still have to keep on top of the water changes even if the tank apairs clear. but your most likely all set with that much of a water change. I do a simular 20% on wendsday and on sunday.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.