Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· 2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you peeps thing? Should I change the tank water every week? How much should I take out, 75%, 50%, 25%. What is the best way to change the water. Also should I use pre-filter water?

G

·
I think it depends how keen you are. I don't do more than 30% a week and try to break that down into as many small portions as possible, to keep nitrates low and promote better growth. I do 3*10% changes a week at present.

25% once a week will be ine though!

· Registered
10,778 Posts
Sorry forgot to add, it depends on how many fish you have. If you got an overstocked tank, change water like 15% every day. If you only have 1 fish in a huge tank, you can prob get along with a 25% change every OTHER week.

· 2012 Is the year the World ENDS!!!&#33
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info, but what about filter water? Is it good to use, or just a waste of money?

· Registered
1,900 Posts
i have never used pre filtered water before. i do a 10-15% water change every other day. i believe this helps the ammonia stay down in the tank in case i have missed some food in there. this has done wonders for my water chem and i am really happy with it.

· Registered
5,349 Posts
i use a python system. and i change 30% of the water everyweek

· Registered
832 Posts
Atlanta Braves Baby! said:
How many fish in the tank? And what size tank?
[snapback]839265[/snapback]​
Yes we need to know that.

I do 2 40% waterchanges/week, but I have 14 rbs (18-26cm) in a 375 liter tank ....

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Instead of basing it off of how many fish you have etc, all you really need to know is how high the nitrates are. Usually its best to keep them below 20ppm, so however many water changes you need to get to maintain 20 as your max, that is how many you need to do.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.