Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just wondering: how often do you feed your 4-5" serra??? My manueli is a real bitch when it comes to feeding (only eats once every few days): it accepts feeders, and since shortly also shrimp, and I don't want to under-feed him, so what's your story???

btw: the fish looks and acts healthy, so I guess he gets enough, but it worries me a little bit, and in this tempo, it'll take centuries before he reaches super sizes....

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
All the single serra I have now and all that I have had in the past are relatively light eaters (compared to pygos anyway) with the exception of spilos.

It will vary fish to fish Jonas, your doing fine with that manuelli. He looks healthy and happy. Besides, by the time he reaches super size, you won't remember your own name.

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Serrapygo said:
Besides, by the time he reaches super size, you won't remember your own name.
Can a man dream....
*sheesh...*

Well, when sitting in a
, looking at fish might be the only thing left to do for me (besides looking at the cute nurse doing the water changes and all, of course
)

Anyways, thanks Nick

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
well i dont have a solitary serra, i have 2 spilos in a 30 gallon. but what i do is keep a constant supply of guppies in there. every week i throw in a handful of goldfish. and at least 3 times a week i give them krill. the guppies dont get eaten, some will. the goldfish are gone the next day, and the krill is eaten right away. my spilos dont eat that much, but i jsut keep food in there just in case.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
My Spilo CF I feed daily but he only eats a little each day. He is still pretty small though.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Judazzz said:
Serrapygo said:
Besides, by the time he reaches super size, you won't remember your own name.
Can a man dream....
*sheesh...*

Well, when sitting in a
, looking at fish might be the only thing left to do for me (besides looking at the cute nurse doing the water changes and all, of course
)

Anyways, thanks Nick
You make getting old sound like something to look forward to.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My marginatus, and two small rhoms get fed every day.

My larger rhom .. was every day until he stopped eating so much and my elongatus about twice per week now.

I had two spilo cf? that were fed every day with the pygos and they were always absolute pigs

carl

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
All my Serras eat every day (including my 7" Manueli)...
...i don´t know if i´m just lucky but they´re great eaters...!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Thanks for all the responses, guys

He's still a really picky eater, but at least I know it's not harmful.
When everything goes according to plans, I'll be getting him a 45 gallon tank this weekend or the next week: hopefully, more space will also mean less whimpy behaviour and a better appetite.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts